The Supervisor Enhancement Programme provides an opportunity for supervisors to become familiar with the proposal development process for Masters’ and Doctoral candidates.
The programme introduces a range of supervision models and the related principles and practices of coaching and mentoring. It provides a theoretical basis for supervision and researcher development. The Module draws on humanist, constructivist and other learning theories that understand supervision to be a process of inducting doctoral candidates into disciplinary-related discourse communities underpinned by values, attitudes and cultural contexts of what can be considered as knowledge and how that knowledge is created.
This module is presented in a flexible and interactive way which allows participants to share their knowledge and experience built across a range of institutions and contexts.
Some Comments received from participants who attended the Supervisory Enhancement Programme:
I have learnt a lot. I also saw and realised my own mistakes in the workshop of which I have to change as I am dealing with people/students who are in the learning process.
- Add more of funding and grants
- Thank you! I learnt a lot.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the workshop.
- Great course!
- Very informative.
- Great facilitators especially the two senior presenters.
- Keep conducting these kinds of workshops. They are inspiring.
- These workshops are very useful and should be done more frequently.
- Please do this over 3 days and include how to examine a PhD thesis. More would be good.
- The presenters were extremely professional and leaders in the topic.
- Definitely worth spending my time. Very valuable ideas and excellent presentation styles.