In Phase 1 of this project, a SA-Irish Research Colloquium was held in Durban (October 2019) and the following six joint research clusters were created:
- Bio-medical engineering
- robotics and advanced manufacturing
- Space Science, Innovation Hubs and ICT
- WIL, Industry partnerships, and Apprenticeships up to PhD; Curricula for the 4th Industrial Revolution
- Waste Management and the Circular Economy
- Agriculture and Food Security
South African and Irish Co-leaders were appointed for each cluster for co-writing of grants, scientific papers, research project design, and monitoring and evaluation.
In Phase 2, a Research Colloquium to be held in Ireland was planned where Research papers will be delivered and the final papers will be presented at the THENSA International Conference.
Unfortunately, due to the COVID19 lockdown, the visit to Ireland for Phase 2 of the Colloquium and the SATN’s Conference have been postponed for a later date yet to be confirmed.